Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSD SCAVENGER HUNT!

HAPPY DIGITAL SCRAPBOOKING DAY!
    In celebration, we have something super fun planned for you this weekend...

IT'S TIME FOR A DSD SCAVENGER HUNT!

Here's how it will work...

You'll use the list of clues that appears below to navigate the TDP BLOG and the TDP SHOP, using the search bar at each, to find posts and/or products that relate to the "answer" to each clue. If you find the correct post and/or product, you'll be rewarded with a prize at each stop. THE PRIZES WILL APPEAR IN RED CAPITAL LETTERS, LIKE THIS, and will be found at the bottom of each post or at the end of each product description... if and when you've navigated to the correct place.

Here's an example for you:
    • CLUE: One of our designers was involved in a cruise ship fire while on her honeymoon.
    • ANSWER: To find the answer, first you must decide if this is something that's more likely answered on the BLOG (in a post) or in the SHOP (in a product description or title). Use the search bar located at the top of either part of the site (it's located at the upper right corner of the blog, and at the upper left corner of the shop). For this clue, try going to the BLOG and type the following into the search bar... "cruise ship fire". You should be rewarded with a blog post from last year about one of our designers. Click on it, and scroll to the bottom of the post. You should find the following text: CONGRATS! YOU'VE ANSWERED CORRECTLY AND HAVE FOUND THE SAMPLE SCAVENGER HUNT ANSWER YOU ARE LOOKING FOR!

Now for the actual scavenger hunt... here is your list of clues. HAVE FUN!
    • CLUE ONE -- It's simply elemental... one of our designers loves to throw a good soiree each fall.
    • CLUE TWO -- "Hello November" ...it's time for football and patriotism.
    • CLUE THREE -- No two ways about it... one of our designers drives around listening to the Beastie Boys when her kids aren't in the car.
    • CLUE FOUR -- Use a melon to find this set of 3 seasonally cheerful alphas.
    • CLUE FIVE -- Sometimes woodland creatures are puffy in the autumn. Weird, but true.
    • CLUE SIX -- One of our designers is so OCD about clean teeth, she keeps a spare toothbrush in her car.
    • CLUE SEVEN -- Be my guest... and shine.
    • CLUE EIGHT -- One of our designers broke both of her wrists when she was a child.
    • CLUE NINE -- Kiwi is a pet, not a fruit. Specifically, you want to get a "kit"ten.
    • CLUE TEN -- You're looking for something monochrome. You'll actually find six; look for the firewood.
    • CLUE ELEVEN -- This might help you figure out the Pantone color of the year.
    • CLUE TWELVE -- One of our designers once held a wild squirrel in her hands, and it bit her.
    • CLUE THIRTEEN -- Long ago, one of our designers was Pricilla Panther, her high school's mascot.
    • CLUE FOURTEEN -- One of our designers' favorite foods is sushi.
    **NOTE** The prize codes you find will be valid for use on Nov 7-or-8, and may be redeemed through the end of the day on Sunday 11/8 (11:59pm ET).

**UPDATE** Thank you for playing along! The scavenger hunt is now over, and the answers have been removed from the URLs that each clue leads to. We hope everyone had fun!
    Last edited by Laura Passage; 11-09-2015, 04:25 PM.
    ~ Laura ~

What fun!

Comment

HAHAHA- OMG, just reading the clues was so much fun.

Comment

Oh YAY!

created using creashen's Sugar Sugar

Comment

For one of the answers I got this..........

FOR THE 2015 DSD SCAVENGER HUNT — YOU HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER TO CLUE THIRTEEN! USE THE FOLLOWING COUPON CODE TO GET AN EXTRA $2.00 OFF ANY ORDER OF $10.00+ FROM THE
          SCOTTY GIRL DESIGN SHOP AT TDP! (EXPIRES AT 11:59pm ET ON SUNDAY 11/8) — CODE =

but it doesnt state a coupon ?!?!?

Comment

• Laura Passage
            Laura Passage commented
            Editing a comment
            We just fixed it. Thank you for letting us know that the code didn't make it through the cut/paste process! Eeep!

Biancka - congratulations on finding the right answer! I've alerted the admin team about your post and you should see the coupon code shortly ....

Comment

• Laura Passage
            Laura Passage commented
            Editing a comment
            It's all fixed now!

Too much fun!!!
          Save

Comment

This is so much fun!!! I m loving reading about the designers!!!! ))

Comment

Originally posted by Pallavi01 View Post
              Biancka - congratulations on finding the right answer! I've alerted the admin team about your post and you should see the coupon code shortly ....
              Whoot Whoot

Comment

Fun! I've found one already...off to get more!

Comment

I found all except 1 and 3, and I've tried many search terms. Sigh. I must move on to other things.

My Website

Comment

• Laura Passage
                    Laura Passage commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Did you try using the word -- soiree -- in the shop's search bar? It brings up a bunch of things. And then if you follow the phrase -- it's simply elemental -- from the clue, it will help you know which item to open and look inside.

this sure sounds like fun, even without knowing who it really is!
                  Loving it here <3

Comment

Are the coupons not good on collabs? I am trying to use a $2 off $10 coupon and I got a message that says "
                    Your order total is lower than the amount required for you to be able to use the coupon.". My total is $10.40 (the coupon is the one from clue twelve).

Thanks for your help

Comment

• AlinaLove
                      AlinaLove commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I will ask! I'll get back to you!

• AlinaLove
                      AlinaLove commented
                      Editing a comment
                      So, it might not be that easy :D The coupon is good on collabs. You just have to use the link from the shop of the designer that your coupon applies to.
                      Also it might be that if it's a DSD grab bag/super special low priced deal, that the coupon is not allowed.
                      You can also just pm me, so we can find out. We'll make it work, I'm sure!

#3 has me stuck!

Comment

Same here, Carrie. I've looked in the blog and shop and still can't find it.

Comment

• carrie1977
                        carrie1977 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yep...I've looked in both places using beastie, boys, drive, music, listen, car, etc....nothing. lol

• chloe
                        chloe commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Well, maybe you had a spelling mistake because one of this words works in one of the two places! Just tested it again right now!

• Laura Passage
                        Laura Passage commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Try typing the 2 words -- beastie boys -- into the shop's search bar.

You can also try using the term -- two ways -- (from the beginning of the clue) in the shop's search bar... but it brings up way more products and you'll have to open each one. The first way will work better for you #BecauseLessTimeSpentDigging
                    Working...
                    X