Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DSD Challenge: Scraplift Tag

Happy DSD Everybody!!

As a scrapper, I love challenges. There's nothing like a good challenge to get one's mojo going.
    Today, CT Kimberlee and I bring to you one of our favorite challenges - The Scraplift Tag. There's something exciting about taking someone's page, drawing inspiration from it and making it your own!

For this challenge, you have to grab a spot by posting a comment below. Look through the gallery of the person who posted immediately before you and pick a page from their gallery to lift. As simple as that! Once you are done, please post update your comments with - the original page you lifted as well as the LO you created. Also, please post a link to your own gallery in your post - so that we can find you super quick!

Once the challenge is closed, a random winner will win The Digital Press Store Collabs for ONE FULL YEAR!!!

Now for the rules:
    1. All pages must use 100% TDP products (including freebies)
    2. Pages must be uploaded to the Challenge Gallery and linked here in this thread by 11:59pm EST Wednesday, November 11, 2015.
    3. Have fun!!

You can find my gallery here - http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gallery/showgallery.php?ppuser=413&username=pallavi01

I chose this page from CT Kimberlee's uber inspiring gallery -

Here's my layout -

Last edited by Pallavi01; 11-07-2015, 10:02 AM.

I chose this one by Pallavi

and created this...

--- KIMBERLEE ---

Comment

Hey ladies, I know I should know how to do this, but I'm asking anyway because maybe I'm not the only person who isn't sure how to do this. Then again, maybe I am! I was going to play along and I don't know how to search for a particular person's gallery. I guess it makes me realize that I just generally search the gallery by new images and not by person. Thanks!

I bet once you tell me I'll probably go "Duh, I should have been able to figure that out!" LOL

Barbara
      Barbara's Forum Signature 900x150 by Barbara, on Flickr
      Save

Comment

• Pallavi01
        Pallavi01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi Barb!! Thats a really good question ! There was a way to do it....but we here believe in simplicity let me just ask everybody to post a link to their gallleries in their posts - that ways you won't have to go looking for it.

The link to Kimberlee's gallery is this - http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...t=500&ppuser=6

• caliten
        caliten commented
        Editing a comment
        Another way to quickly search a specific person's gallery is to click on their screen name (in green), to access their profile. Then in Statistics (the big block to the right of their photo), there's a green number after Number of photos. Click on that green number and you'll get all the layouts/photos that person has uploaded.

Well, I don't know about others, Barbara Unzen, but I'm thankful you have a link to your gallery in your signature so that I can scraplift you!! LOL

And here's my gallery so that whoever comes next doesn't have to search!

I've chosen this page by Barbara:

And here's my take on it:
      Last edited by chloe; 11-07-2015, 11:45 AM.

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
        Barbara Unzen commented
        Editing a comment
        OOOH! I love your lift Chloe! I love that bright background paper paired with the B/W photo!

• Lisa Bell
        Lisa Bell commented
        Editing a comment
        it is always amazing to me how using different papers/elements makes the layouts look so different. Great job!

• Pallavi01
        Pallavi01 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great Choice Chloe! Love how you made it your own...and the pic is too precious!

Kimberly had so many awesome layouts to choose from so this was though. In the end I chose this one from Kimberlee. I'll be back once I've made my page!

And here's my lift:

Last edited by Barbara Unzen; 11-07-2015, 12:59 PM.
      Barbara's Forum Signature 900x150 by Barbara, on Flickr
      Save

Comment

• Lisa Bell
        Lisa Bell commented
        Editing a comment
        great layout! love that kit too

• Pallavi01
        Pallavi01 commented
        Editing a comment
        I know Barb! I had the same issue with Kimberlee's gallery - had a hard time deciding which layout to lift and which ones to leave! ) Love your layout! specially the tiny dots around the 'one'!

• Scrapsandsass
        Scrapsandsass commented
        Editing a comment
        Wow. Your title work is AMAZING. Your page is just fabulous.

To clarify - the next person posting should pick a layout from Chloe's gallery. You can find her gallery here - http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...username=chloe

Comment

I'll scraplift Chloe. Here's the page I chose from her gallery:

Chloe wrote a letter to her future self. In my page, I included the lyrics to the song Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield, and a picture of my daughter on the day she was born (I know it's not a great picture, but it's literally the only one I have.....catastrophic hard drive failure when she was 9 months old, and this was the only one we were able to recover. Sigh. Always have a backup. Always.). And on that day, she had her entire life ahead of her, a unwritten (and hopefully awesome) story. The words to this song (which I sung to her many, many times when she was in my arms) feel to me like a letter to the future her that I whispered to her in our quiet moments together.

Here's the link to my gallery.
        Last edited by caliten; 11-07-2015, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• Pallavi01
          Pallavi01 commented
          Editing a comment
          Carrie - this is just so so sweet! i had the same thing happen to me - hard drive crashed when my son was 4 months old...u really are not thinking of backing up your hard drive when you have your first born! lol i lost all pics from those first few months of his life ...have a few pics from our time in the hospital which i guard with my life! your pic is super sweet and not at all bad! very very sweetly scrapped!

• Barbara Unzen
          Barbara Unzen commented
          Editing a comment
          Your page is beautiful Carrie! What a horrible bummer about your photos. The one you were able to save is great though. Beautiful page!

I'll scraplift from Carrie's gallery!

Here's my gallery: FarrahJobling

I'll lift this LO

Here is mine:
        Last edited by farrahjobling; 11-07-2015, 12:41 PM.

Comment

• caliten
          caliten commented
          Editing a comment
          I love it Farrah! So sweet!!

• Pallavi01
          Pallavi01 commented
          Editing a comment
          love your layout Farrah! the pic is just so so sweet! priceless!

• Barbara Unzen
          Barbara Unzen commented
          Editing a comment
          Awww ... that photo is beautiful Farrah! I love that background paper and the scattering of gems behind the photo.

I'll scrap lift Farrah!

Here is my gallery: Jenn/jk703

I chose this layout....

and made this layout...
        Last edited by jk703; 11-08-2015, 11:52 AM.

Comment

I'll lift Jenn!

Here is my gallery: http://forums.thedigitalpress.co/gal...ame=carrie1977

I chose this layout:

Here is my layout:
          Last edited by carrie1977; 11-07-2015, 02:05 PM.

Comment

• jk703
            jk703 commented
            Editing a comment
            Love the twist, Carrie! And the corner pieces are a great touch!

It will be my pleasure to lift something by Carrie. You can find my gallery here.
          I'll lift this page by Carrie.

Here's my page.

Last edited by bcgal00; 11-07-2015, 07:23 PM.

Comment

• carrie1977
            carrie1977 commented
            Editing a comment
            Awwwww....can't wait to see your page. <3

I will lift Rae

with this one:

my gallery

And this is what I came up with:
          Last edited by AlinaLove; 11-07-2015, 03:13 PM.
          Loving it here <3

Comment

• Barbara Unzen
            Barbara Unzen commented
            Editing a comment
            I love the blue paint spray hearts and your elements clustering. What a sweet page!

Lifting this one

And here is mine

MY gallery
          Last edited by Kiana; 11-07-2015, 03:10 PM.

Comment

• AlinaLove
            AlinaLove commented
            Editing a comment
            ha! lovely take on that big title! i'm a fan of the kit, too so you got me with everything on this page. adorable!

• Kiana
            Kiana commented
            Editing a comment
            Yay glad you like it!!

• Barbara Unzen
            Barbara Unzen commented
            Editing a comment
            I love that big title!

Grabbing my spot to lift Kiana

Here is Kiana's page I lifted:

Here's my page;

Last edited by JillW; 11-08-2015, 05:18 AM.
          *** Jill W ***
          Save

Comment

• Kiana
            Kiana commented
            Editing a comment
            Can't wait to see it

Grabbing my spot to lift jill!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• JillW
            JillW commented
            Editing a comment
            Sorry that my gallery is small-ish :-) I'm working on adding pages!!
        Working...
        X